Sunday, June 30, 2019

Thing 31: Final Reflections & Whats Next?

One thing that I have already used in my classroom is Bitmoji in the classroom. I stated in one of my posts that I would print out Bitmojis to label different parts of my classroom. I have done this for my classroom library, where homework is handed in, as well as other places throughout the classroom. My students really liked this and thought it was a lot of fun. This sparked a conversation about Bitmoji with my class and they seemed very eager to make their own for school. It will be fun to create a bulletin board with my classes Bitmojis next year! The only challenge here is I will need to have the students fill out a form for what they want their Bitmoji to look like and I will create them at home. Our school doesn't allow the Bitmoji website.
One thing I have already used in my personal life is Over Drive with the public library system. I am an avid Audible listener and using this has saved me a lot of money!
I did not get the chance to introduce Book Creator to my class yet. I still look forward to the training on August 30th. I really think this is going to be a big motivator for my class next year. It will be exciting to provide different forms of media to my students as a way to write and tell their own stories. We start the year off writing narrative stories so Book Creator will be a perfect tool for my students to use! I have shared this with one of my coworkers who plan to attend the Book Creator webinar with me!
I enjoyed learning about everything on my own on the computer! The email reminders were very helpful as my schedule can get pretty busy. I took a few online classes in grad school so I was very familiar with this type of learning. I love any opportunity to bring more exciting technology in the classroom. Students are increasingly interested in media and using their Chromebooks in the classroom, so this training was a perfect way for me to find more options to do that! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the workshop and came away with some useful tools to use with your students. Really nice that you're creating bitmojis for your students. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete